Colmworth Country Park was officially opened in 2010 but the ground formally farmland was purchased by the Parish Council in 2008. During the following couple of years over 1200 trees were planted by school children and volunteers all trusting in nature that they will all hopefully will slowly mature over the next 10,20, 50 and 100 years!
In 2013 funding provided by the Bedford Borough Council enabled us to locate a field shelter, enlarge the pond and erect a bridge connecting two footpaths.
Since then the Park has slowly matured, and a number of improvements have been introduced for example, additional picnic benches, dog waste bins, a notice board and welcome signs. The management of the Park is undertaken by a small team of volunteers who meet up on the 2nd & 4th Sunday of each month between March and October.
Further information may be found on our other pages describing events, history, wildlife and instructions when visiting the Park.