Colmworth Parish Council
Vacancy for Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer.
Colmworth Parish Council is seeking a motivated and committed person to take on the post of Clerk to the Council and Responsible Finance Officer.
The post is on the scale SCP L1 with an allowance but salary and conditions will be determined by the Parish Council and will depend on experience and qualifications. The post is mainly home based; the remuneration will include a working from home allowance.
For this varied position, candidates must be computer literate with internet access. Previous experience as a parish clerk or with a local government background would be useful but is not essential as training and support will be provided. Candidates must be willing to undergo professional training as required and either hold already or be willing to work towards the Certificate in Local Council Administration (Cilca).
Duties will include:-
- Preparation of meeting agendas, minute taking etc.
- Compilation and dealing with correspondence.
- Attending meetings.
- Liaising with local contractors and government official and departments such as planning.
- Responsibility for filing, preparation of budget estimates.
- Production of annual accounts of the Parish Council.
- Completion of statutory returns as required.
- Ensuring the Parish Council complies with all relevant legislation.
- Management of Parish Council website content and social media.
- Co-ordination of content for Colmworth Chronicle Newsletter, ColmworthT & Facebook.
Experience and Skills:-
- Applicant to hold or consider working towards a Certificate in Local Administration. (CILCA)
- Working knowledge of local government.
- Experience of Attending Parish Council / Public meetings.
- Possess a high degree of literacy and numeracy coupled with excellent organisational skills.
Good communication skills are essential and the successful candidate must possess a high degree of literacy and numeracy coupled with excellent organisational skills.
Attendance is required at 6 Parish Council evening meetings per year which are held bi-monthly on the first Thursday of the month, with occasional additional meetings as and when needed.
The hours are 8 per week.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and a supporting letter by email to Lorraine Knight Colmworth Parish Council vice-chair and HR representative:
The closing date for the application is 26th July, 2019.